Welcome to the Lead5 Executive Empowerment Center
Hello, Josh Wimberley here, CEO and founder of Lead5. I wrote this blog to help Lead5 members get the most value from Lead5. I have broken this information into 7 Modules. Please email anytime with your feedback on this information or if I can assist you in any way! firstname.lastname@example.org
Your partner in success,
Module 1: Unveiling the Hidden C-Level Recruiting World
I previously led the largest executive search firm’s CFO practice and have successfully placed 100’s of C-level executives just like you at industry-leading companies. As such, allow me to share some important C-level recruiting insights that you were probably unaware of:
– Executive level leadership opportunities are scarce, and the majority of these opportunities are unlisted or hidden. As such, it’s important that you tailor your outreach strategy so that you maximize your ability to be discovered. At Lead5, we not only uncover many of these unlisted opportunities along with key contacts, we also provide intel that will help you develop an in-road into companies that interest you.
– Because most c-level opportunities are centralized in top 40 US markets, it maximizes your career potential if you are willing to relocate.
– 50-60% of all executive level hiring is done in-house without a third party retained executive search firm. The chance of you being considered for one of these openings is extremely low and that’s where Lead5 can help by connecting you to these opportunities.
– Regardless of who ‘owns’ the search, the hiring company wants the right candidate quickly. That candidate could be you. Positions not recruited for in-house are managed by an executive search agency. These searches last anywhere from 120-150 days. With Lead5, you have access to a portion of these opportunities which you would not otherwise.
That’s the C-level recruiting landscape in a nutshell. The best advice I can give to you is to be proactive, and not reactive, in managing your career. By waiting on a recruiter to call you, you’re giving up your power and missing out on career-changing opportunities.
Module 2: Personalize Lead5 and Maximize Your Results
My5 is the name of Lead5’s search filters that you will set to deliver to you personalized open opportunities and career intel on the Lead5 platform. My5 consists of the 5 company attributes that most C-level executives consider as they pursue their next opportunity.
The My5 components are:
4. Market Cap
5. Ownership Structure
Once you’ve set your My5 filters, you will see focused opportunities and intel in your dashboard, and you can quickly apply these filters in the section called “Jobs & Intel.”
As your search criteria changes, remember to keep your My5 filters up to date so that Lead5 can work for you optimally.
My5 Search Filters are located at top of all Lead5 web pages:
My5 Search Filters: Simple check boxes give you complete control:
Tip: Expand the plus symbol (+) for more granular filters.
My5 Search Filters personalize your dashboard view:
Apply your My5 Search Filters with 1 click:
By selecting “Apply My5”, you quickly surface relevant intel when browsing.
Module 3: ‘Potential’ and ‘Verified’ Opportunities on Lead5: What’s the Difference?
Reminder: Lead5 offers two types of opportunities – ‘potential opportunities’ and ‘verified opportunities.’ Here’s what you should know about these.
Potential Opportunity – This means that Lead5 has discovered that a company will likely be looking to fill an opening soon. Not every potential opportunity evolves into an actual opening, but potential opportunities have significant value because candidates can enter a potential job search at the earliest possible moment, increasing their likelihood of being discovered.
– How to Pursue Potential Opportunities: We advise members to reach-out to a ‘recommended contact’ that we provide and make an introduction. Remember: making a connection is always the first step to landing an executive role. Even if a potential opportunity doesn’t pan out, making a positive impression expands your network and could open up new doors in the future.
Verified Opportunity – This means that Lead5 has uncovered intel that a company is actively seeking to fill this role.
– How to Pursue Verified Opportunities: We advise members to reach out to the recommended contact and/or recruiter. In some cases, an application link is provided. At a minimum, you should strive to make a connection and broaden your executive network.
Action: Once you’ve identified an opportunity to pursue – whether potential or verified – click the “Pursue Opportunity” button on the opportunity details view. This will trigger the ‘Lead5 Advisor’ which will make a recommendation on the best approach.
Here’s an example opportunity:
Most of our opportunities are unlisted, meaning there’s no online application. Once you click the “Pursue This Opportunity” button, it launches the Lead5 Advisor to organize your steps.
The Lead5 Advisor:
The “Lead5 Advisor” Provides Action Steps
When launched, the Lead5 Advisor gives you specific guidance, recommended contacts, email templates, and more — everything you need to pursue opportunities of any type.
Additionally, we provide suggested email outreach templates to help guide your messaging to the suggested contact(s).
Module 4: Use Your Lead5 Playbook to Maximize Your Productivity
To help you organize your activities and store important data, you will utilize your Lead5 Playbook. There you can track and store:
– Opportunities you wish to pursue in the future
– Opportunities you’ve already pursued
– Contacts you wish to reach out to
– Phone call notes
– Future scheduled activities
Here is a My Playbook example:
Your time is valuable. By using your Lead5 Playbook, you can maximize your productivity on Lead5.com.
Module 5: Harness Lead5’s Intel to Elevate Your Career
C-level positions are scarce. Lead5 offers actionable intel that will help you make important contacts and pursue recent executive openings. This intel can be found in the ‘jobs & intel’ section on Lead5.com.
News: typically covers executive appointments which indicates a near term executive hiring (example: CEO will soon be appointed and will seek to build his/her team). These executive appointments all signal potential changes in vendors and suppliers. Action: This is a perfect moment for you to make a connection.
Private Equity Deals: represent acquisitions or assumption of a controlling interest in a portfolio company. These deals indicate near-term C-level executive hiring flows, new growth capital, and potential changes in vendors and suppliers. Most PE-backed companies replace the executive team in the first 6 months of the deal closing. Action: This is a perfect moment to make a connection to the PE deal partner while new leadership teams are being formed.
Verified Opportunity – This means that Lead5 has uncovered intel that a company is actively seeking to fill this role. Action: You can pursue this role or make important connections with key company contacts.
Potential Opportunity – This means that Lead5 has discovered that a company will likely be looking to fill an opening soon. Not every potential opportunity evolves into an actual opening, but potential opportunities have significant value because candidates can enter a potential job search at the earliest possible moment, increasing their odds of being discovered. Action: You can pursue this role or make important connections with key company contacts.
Module 6: Three Proven Ways to Elevate Your Executive Career
Josh Wimberley here again, CEO and founder of Lead5. To round out this blog, here are a three things I’d like to highlight as you continue your career elevation journey on Lead5.com:
1. As a reminder, we offer a free phone consultation to help you develop your career elevation strategy. Please reach out if we can assist: email@example.com
2. As you know, C-level positions are challenging to land. I’ve found that being pro-active, diligent, and patient is an effective strategy to move your career forward.
3. Networking is key. As C-level positions are scarce, it’s important that you utilize Lead5 to make important inroads into companies that interest you.
Thanks again for your membership!
Your partner in success,
Josh | Lead5 Founder and CEO